Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. Revelation 3:20
God is crazy about you.
There are many reasons God saves you; to bring glory to himself, to appease his justice, to demonstrate his sovereignty. But one of the sweetest reasons God saved you is because he is fond of you. He likes having you around. He thinks you are the best thing that came down the pike in quite a while. . .
If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it. If he had a wallet, you photo would be in it. He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning. Whenever you want to talk, he’ll listen. He can live anywhere in the universe, and he chose your heart. . . Face it, friend. He’s crazy about you. Max Lucado, A Gentle Thunder
Happy Valentine’s Day!
You are loved!
Betsy and Laurie
I have loved you with an everlasting love. Jeremiah 31:3
We are children, perhaps, at the very moment when we know that it is as children that God loves us – not because we have deserved his love and not in spite of our undeserving; not because we try, and not because we recognize the futility of our trying; but simply because he has chosen to love us. We are children because he is our father; and all of our efforts, fruitful and fruitless, to do good, to speak truth, to understand, are the efforts of children who, for all their precocity, are children still in that before we loved him, he loved us, as children, through Jesus Christ our lord.
― Frederick Buechner, The Magnificent Defeat
Never will I leave you; Never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5
On your journey to God’s heart, it is critical that you know you are loved. You have the assurance that He will never leave you or forsake you (Heb. 13:5). You need never feel “unloved” because His love is everlasting. . . He has chosen to love you, and nothing can separate you from His love. His love heals, comforts, and corrects. His love draws you on the journey toward His heart.
Lord, Your immeasurable love is enough for me. Thank You that Your love is not dependent on my performance or my physical characteristics. Your love encompasses all of my life, and this gives me great security. I would not choose any other destination. I know I am looking in the right place for love—Your heart. Amen
Cynthia Heald, A Woman’s Journey to the Heart of God
Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed. Isaiah 54:10
God is quite astounding. This Divine Being is a limitless lover, always filling the small hands of my life with grace and goodness, always enriching my life with all that I need for my spiritual path. . . Nothing I could ever do would “earn” all of these gifts that are freely and lavishly given. I marvel at the gift of my inner and outer life. I am astounded at the daily guidance I receive. I am in awe at the way the world works and at how the intricate human body restores and renews itself. I look at the universe and wonder who this Creating Power is to be so generous with colors, shapes, patterns and designs. I remember the wonderful people who have come into my life, each with a unique gift to share with me, and I know without a doubt that through them I have been touched by Divine Love.
Joyce Rupp, The Cup of Life
I have called you by name and you are mine. Isaiah 43:1
Listening to that voice with great inner attentiveness, I hear at my center words that say: “I have called you by name, from the very beginning. You are mine and I am yours. You are my Beloved, on you my favor rests. I have molded you in the depths of the earth and knitted you together in your mother’s womb. I have carved you in the palms of my hands and hidden you in the shadow of my embrace. I look at you with infinite tenderness and care for you with a care more intimate than that of a mother for her child. I have counted every hair on your head and guided you at every step.”
Heart of Faith (Photo credit: Rashan J)
1. Never will I leave you; Never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5
2. I have loved you with an everlasting love. Jeremiah 31:3
3. For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
4. I have called you by name and you are mine. Isaiah 43:1
5. I have made you and I will carry you. Isaiah 46:4
6. I am he who comforts you. Isaiah 51:12
7. Surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. Matthew 28:20
8. Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed. Isaiah 54:10
9. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. John 14:3
That’s a lot of Love!
Happy Valentine’s Day
Laurie and Betsy
120/365. A Light Shines In My Heart. (Photo credit: Anant N S (www.thelensor.tumblr.com))
1. “To love at all is to be vulnerable.” C.S. Lewis
2. “Love is a great beautifier.” Louisa May Alcott
3. “No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century.” Mark Twain
4. “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.” Plato
5. “There is no remedy for love but to love more.” Henry David Thoreau
6. “Love is the beauty of the soul.” Saint Augustine
7. “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” Emily Bronte
8. “The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost.” G.K Chesterton
9. ‘Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” Alfred Lord Tennyson
10. “A loving heart is the truest wisdom.” Charles Dickens
11. “Take away love and our earth is a tomb.” Robert Browning
12.” I like not only to be loved, but also to be told I am loved.” George Eliot
13.” Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.” Robert Frost
14. “Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.” Khalil Gibran
Happy Valentine’s Day
Laurie and Betsy