1. Humility is perfect quietness of heart.
2. It is to expect nothing, to wonder at nothing that is done to me, to feel nothing done against me.
3. It is to be at rest when nobody praises me, and when I am blamed or despised.
4. It is to have a blessed home in the Lord, where I can go in and shut the door, and kneel to my Father in secret, and am at peace as in a deep sea of calmness, when all around and above is trouble.
5. Humility is nothing but the disappearance of self in the vision that God is all.
6. Humility is the displacement of self by the enthronement of God.
7. Humility is simply the disposition which prepares the soul for living on trust.
8. Humility, the place of entire dependence on God, is the first duty and the highest virtue of the creature, and the root of every virtue.
9. Humility is the path to death, because in death it gives the highest proof of its perfection.
10.Humility is the blossom of which death to self, is the perfect fruit.
Amazing ideas about humility from a wise man.
Do you agree with any of these? How do you define humility?
Betsy and Laurie